Wednesday, October 30, 2002

COÑO DAW O!

I was at Greenbelt Mall yesterday, killing time. I was alone and was roaming around the second level of Greenbelt 1 when my eyes met with the eyes of a moreno guy in green shirt and loose dark blue jeans. I took the escalator going down and stopped in front of the National Bookstore. The green-shirt -guy followed me.

He smiled at me and offered his hand and introduced himself as Joey. I was in my bitchy mode, so I did not take his hand but I answered, "Eric". Actually, I felt stupid shaking hands with him, I am afraid it might be too obvious for the people around the mall that I am cruising.

He tried to strike a conversation with me, to which I answered with minimal words. He said he is a senior ComSci student of Adamson University. At first, I though he was one of the callboys cruising in Greenbelt, but he was speaking in Tagalog and English with a coño accent, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He must be bored and would only want a good conversation. But I was having doubt to his being a coño.

He asked where I am working. Too which I answered, "in a law firm."

"Are you a lawyer? Coz if you are, you look too happy and too relax for a lawyer." I answered, no I am not a lawyer but I am trying to be one. "You must be studying in Ateneo," he said. I told him about Ateneo's policy of not accepting students who have some law units from other school (I had two semesters of law in Silliman University).

He must have felt that that is too discriminatory that he uttered what sounds like a curse which betrays his pretensions of being coño.

"BOY SHIT!" he said.

I thought, he just mispronounced it, but he repeated it three times. My stomach almost burst from trying not to laugh. Moments later, I said. "I am tired, I feel like going home. It was nice talking to you, bye." Well at least, I was still civil to him.

No comments: