Tuesday, October 29, 2002

EAR PLUGS ANYONE?

What I miss most in living in the province is my peaceful sleep. Save for the very few instances where a pubescent driver would drive at full speed his silencer less motorcycle, all I can hear from my bedroom are the chirping of some insects and the soft blowing of the wind.

Here in Manila, that peaceful sleep seems to be impossible. Almost every night I can hear the loud conversation of those men drinking from a store just outside of my boarding house. That conversation stretches to early dawn. Next, you have trucks and other vehicles passing along Bautista St. of Palanan, Makati which is less than ten meters away from my place.

There are only two solutions I can think of. First is to have my room air-conditioned and install glass windows so as to minimize the noise coming in. Second, is to leave the place and stay at the innermost section of Forbes Park or other exclusive subdivision. Well, considering my state of finances, I won't be able to bring solution to the noise. Ear plugs, anyone?

No comments: