Tuesday, March 25, 2003





Dear Mr. Brody:

I salute you more than your winning the 2003 Best Actor plum for the Oscars. I salute you because of your sincerity in saying these words:
This is (referring to his award), you know, it fills me with great joy, but I am also filled with a lot of sadness tonight because I am accepting an award at such a strange time. And you know my experiences of making this film made me very aware of the sadness and the dehumanization of people at times of war. And the repercussions of war. And whatever you believe in, if it's God or Allah, may he watch over you and let's pray for a peaceful and swift resolution. Thank you


I pray that artist like you could do more than the mere lip service and do, with all your influence, to call for a real world peace.

always,

Eric

No comments: