Sunday, December 14, 2003

WEDDING WISHES

Dear KK and Justin:

I was supposed to write this yesterday, but I was in Pampanga doing some family thing for my cousin's wedding.

Yesterday you both promised to love each other for richer or for poorer, in sickness or in health (or somthing like that). My prayer's is that you two will fulfill that promise forever.

KK dear, I remember you in our Silliman and Dumaguete days as a tough lady, yet I also knew that behind that tough lady is a woman longing to be loved and cared for and I know that you have found that in Justin.

I always believe in destiny because there are things in this world that we just can control. Considering the circumstances of your meeting with Justin, I know it is destiny at works. Fate made it possible for you to find each other.

Justin, I don't really know you, but knowing that you have chosen to love KK, I know your a smart person and one hell of a lucky guy!

Now some silly thoughts just came into my mind and reminded me of thsi Cebuano folk song, here it is (and KK, interpret for Justin OK!)

Inday pamutos na sa imong mga bistida
Kinsay imong pamanhon?
Si Ondo akong banahon.

Ondo ayaw awaya
Si Inday nga imong asawa
Kung imo gani soyang awayon
Amo siyang pagabawion.

Onsaon ninyo pagbawi
Gikasal kami sa pari
Unsaon ninyo pagboyboy
Giaslan kami ug baboy.


Now, now, now. I do not dream, of course, that we would come to a moment where we, as KK's friends, would scold you two. I am confident that you two love each other and there would be bed of roses laid down for you. But, like any roses, it has its thorns. My prayer then is that if things have gone bad to worst in future (God forbid!), your love for each other would transcend all the trials and and difficulties that you as a couple would be facing. That no matter how badly bruised are you (and I mean it figuratively, not literally, ok?!), at the end of the day, you two would still find yourselves in the security of the loving arms of each other.

I pray for a blissful, blessed and joyful life ahead of you.

God bless!

With all my love,

Eric J.

No comments: