Saturday, November 16, 2002




from www.harrypotter.com

Going to movie should be an experience and last Wednesday, during the opening of the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, I was treated to a great movie experience.

While the rest was scampering to get the tickets on the first day of screening, I was lucky enough to be offered two tickets for Louie's Premiere THX theater in Amorsolo. I brought my friend AG and we watched the 11 p.m. screening.

I will not discuss the merits of the film, all I can say is that if you love reading Harry Potter, you would love this movie.

I would like to talk about Louie's Premiere THX theater. This is an exclusive theater for members only. This means you can not just go there and buy your tickets, you must be a member first or purchase a ticket from one of the members. To be a member, you must pay a membership fee (from what I heard it is Php 10,000.00) and pay your monthly membership dues and where they will be sending you your monthly supply of tickets (some tickets can be transferrable which means you can give it to others). This is the first THX theater in the Philippines. THX is the sound technology for movies developed by George Lucas of the Star Wars fame. I suggest if you would like to watch a film with good special effects, try watching at a THX theater, I will guarantee it is a different movie experience. I remember rising my legs in a scene where Harry and Ron were pursued by big spiders. The effects of the sound system cause the chairs to vibrate and you would have the feeling that spiders were also running under your chair.
.
There are a number of THX theater in Metro Manila, but probably what makes Louie's different is because of its exclusive membership. When we watched Harry Potter that night we were saved from the noisy theater goers that are very common in the movie houses in the malls.

Well, guys, see you in the movies then. By the way, I am now securing my ticket for Louie's for the second serving of the Lord of the Ring which will open on the first Wednesday in January.

No comments: