Friday, January 09, 2004

MY TASTE OF CULTURE

Today the Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King will open for regular showing in theaters in the Philippines.



But I won’t be lining in the theaters today. Much as I would like to be one of the first few who can watch this great masterpiece, I have to wait until Sunday. I failed to reserve early for my seat at any of the THX theaters in Ayala Center and the earliest booking that I’ve got is on Sunday.

However, still it wouldn’t be a great loss for me for tonight I choose to have my own taste of culture.



Yes, the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra! I’ll be watching their concert tonight at the Tanghalan Nicanor Abelardo (Main Theater) of the Cultural Center of the Philippines and I have the good orchestra seat (Thanks to my boss! napapakinabangan din, hehehehehehe)

PPO will have a Concert for Two Pianos where they will perform Berloiz’s “Beatrice et Benedict (Overture), Gounod’s “Faust”, among others. The concert will features pianists Cristine Coyiuto and Raul Sunico.

No comments: