Thursday, October 16, 2003

QUOTES, ETC.

I've got these while rummaging through my notes:
When you finally accept that you're a complete dork, your life gets easier. No sense in trying to be cool.
- Reese Witherspoon

Amen to that Reese! Back in high school one of my insecurities is my inability to "belong" to the cool people in the campus. Then I realized there is no sense in trying to be like them. I mean they are so preoccupied with hooking up with fellow cool people that that what consumes them most of the time. And it consumes them so much that only later they realized that there's more to this world than beeing with cool people.

Now, I live a much better life compared to them. While the "cool schoolmates" are left in that small town with no choice but to make a living for their kids having impregnated their girl friend or gotten pregnant while they are still finishing college.

Now here's another one:
What are clouds
But an excuse for the Sky?
What is life
but an escape from death?
- Death Poem of Lord Yabu
in James Clavell's "Shogun"

I really don't know why I wrote this poem in my notes. But i think becuase it is so dark. Or probably it reminds me of how much I love life that even in the lowest moments of my life, I still believe that somewhere there is a good place for me.

No comments: