Saturday, October 25, 2003

SUPPORT DAVIDE!



I wake up this morning with this message in my cellphone from Atty. Tintin, the wife of my boss:
Wear black on Monday in support of Davide (Supreme Court Chief Justice). Boycott San Miguel Products. Lets Teach politicians and greedy businessmen a lesson. Pls. pass
I don't have a cellphone load already so I am placing it in my blog hoping that honest-to-goodness Filipino Citizen will chance upon this blog.

What strike me as odd when the news the Supreme Court Chief Justice Hilario Davide was impeached by Congress was majority of of those who signed were members of the Nationalis People's Coalition (NPC), the political party of Danding Cojuangco, Chairman of the San Miguel Corporation (SMC). While those who are not members of the NPC are closely associated to Mr. Cojuangco. I refuse to believe that Danding does not have a hand on this.

You might might ask me why? After Marcos was booted out of this country, Danding has been battling with the Chairmanship of SMC. The money that Danding used in buying the majority stocks of SMC came from the Coco Levy Fund. During Davide's leadership in the Supreme Court, the court declared Coco Levy Fund is a prima facie a public fund which would simply means that Danding would now have a hard time in securing his Chairmanship in the said company.

I hate it when someone puts down a good man out of greed and I hate when that man is being supported by people that we have elected. I hope to get all the name of the congressmen who signed the impeachment comlaint so that we could all remember them in 2004.

No comments: