Friday, October 03, 2003

RANTS

I HATE DRIVERS AND BUS CONDUCTORS who think of nothing but the commission they get from every trip at the expense of their passengers comfort in travelling.

As I was waiting for a bus along Buendia this morning, one bus stopped in front of me and the conductor (for those who don't know, they are the one who issue tickets and collects your fare) wave at me and bid me to take the bus. So I went in thinking that the bus still has a sit for me, only to find out that there was none. Unfortunately the bus moved already and I was also in a hurry so I said to myself, "well, I guess I would be standing all the way from Buendia to Ayala." At that time there were already five passengers standing along the aisle.

Unfortunately, the bus keeps on stopping and continued to pick up passengers. Five minutes after I took that bus, there were almost 20 passengers standing. The bus conductor keep on barking "usog lang sa likuran! (move to the back)" So we keep on moving towards the back portion of the bus to a point that we were already compressed liked sardines in a can.

Worst! With the limited space along the aisle, the bus conductor keeps on moving back and forth to collect the fare of the passengers. To add to our agony, the bus continued to pick up passengers.

"Pasok, pasok, maraming bababa sa Ayala (come in , come in, a lot will be disembarking at Ayala)", the conductor keeps on shouting.

"What does he mean", I asked myself. "So they'll have all the right to discomfort us because many of us are going down at Ayala anyway!"

I was already fuming mad. And what really gets my ire is, if one passenger is blocking his way along the aisle, he shoos them as if they were chicken or something. No excuse, no manners. When he came near me and did that to me, I waited for him to come back, and when he did, I said out loud for everyone to hear, "Pwede ka namang mag excuse ah! (you can actually say, "excuse")" But instead of being apologetic, he retorted with a threatening tone, "ano yun sir? (what did you say sir?) I did not respond but instead I gave him that look, the same look that sent chills to my news reporters before at the Weekly Sillimanian whenever they commit mistakes.

If looks could kill, I could kill that rude bus conductor at that moment. He never said anything again

(This is just the first part of my "rants", just "stay tuned", I never realized that I have been keeping a lot of these for a long time)

No comments: