Monday, December 23, 2002

ALMOST A FAIRY TALE

I was watching "All My Life", a TV special of Jules Ledesma and Assunta de Rossi wedding, last night at ABS-CBN. An evening before the wedding, Jules brought Assunta to a sea-side restaurant where they are the only guest. The restaurant is a veranda type to allow the fresh air from the sea to come in. Suddenly, at the opposite of the shores, lights started to come out from the sea. Apparently, there where a hundred or so fisherfolks who lighted to torches one by one. Then a big bonefire was lighted at the opposite side of the shore. Jules children came in with their gifts to Assunta and they were serenaded with Visayan Love Songs by some local singers of San Carlos.

It was supposed to be a very romantic gesture of Jules to Assunta. But hopelessly romantic that I am, I broke into laughter when the couple started to dance. I was singing those Visayan love songs when I saw Assunta embracing the neck of Jules with Jules' face was placed at Assunta's Breast. In case you don't you don't know, Assunta is way taller than Jules. It was the funniest thing I ever saw.

The video was supposed to tickle the romantic in us. I thought I was watching a fairy tale like "Beauty and the Beast" The only is problem, the beast never turned into a handsome prince.

No comments: